Review of Premonition

While she may not had seen it coming we ALL did.

Sandra Bullock must be having some sort of intense interest in time travel at the moment seeing as her last two big movies were The Lake House and now Premonition. Maybe it’s a midlife crisis thing. Who knows? Any who, Premonition is her newest flick where she lives the days of one very traumatic week out of order, and it (of course) really freaks her out. It takes until the middle of the movie to really understand what is going on, but by the end you don’t even really need to finish watching the movie because it so obvious what’s going to happen.

The overall flow of the movie I thought worked really well. While there were of course lot’s of things that didn’t make much sense (a characteristic of almost ANY time traveling movie) there were also a lot of details, and really interesting plot elements that kept the audience interested and that were obviously planned very intricately by the writers and filmmakers. I can certainly say that I was never bored while watching this movie.

While the supporting cast was most certainly lacking, I think Sandra was really good I totally bought her as the mom, and the crazy person. I tend to like her in almost anything. She’s not very dynamic as an actress (at least I haven’t seen her in any out of the mold roles) but I think she knows that so she stays in her comfort zone and that works for her.

I wasn’t overwhelmingly impressed with this movie; unrealistic movies just don’t usually awe me much. Although I must say I like the out of chronological order kind of movie because I think they are a tribute to the power of movies. The ability to tell this kind of story in this way is a strictly unique ability of the cinema and that is why it continues to inspire the masses. *steps off the soapbox* It was a pretty silly movie overall, a lot of over dramatics and the ending was WAY too predictable. It takes the same turn as many other time travel movies out there. I prefer to see new things in my movies.

Go ahead and see it. It was entertaining enough, not topping the “greatest movies of all times list” anytime soon but watch able nonetheless. I hope you are able to figure it out.
Overall (out of 10):

No comments: